[Nut-upsdev] .deb packages [was: Re: backporting changes from the trunk...]

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon May 12 12:25:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

>  One thing I just noticed with the recent backport of packaging/debian
>  from branches/Testing is that we will probably want to keep separate
>  versions of packaging/debian for internal testing versus official
>  releases. Right now, "debuild -us -uc" from the trunk (rev 1490)
>  generates debs with version 2.2.2-1.

When I checked the contents of the .debs from r1490, I also noticed
the nut-xml .deb package is almost empty - it probably needs another
mv command in debian/rules to add the driver.

Arnaud: Let me know if you are already working on this.

In a similar vein, I have been using cdbs at work - it is actually
fairly nice, for the common rule cases. There are some issues with
overriding the default rules - basically, you can't, you just have to
reimplement them - but I don't think that NUT will have much trouble
with the defaults since it uses debhelper now.

--
- Charles Lepple