[Nut-upsdev] [Alioth] SSH keys removed

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed May 14 03:53:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:

> Charles Lepple wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>
> wrote:
> >

> > > I guess this means we won't have access to SVN, right?
> > >

> > I have not tested this, but it probably means that password-based
> > authentication is still allowed.
> >

>  I don't know how to, so for me that basically means no SVN access. And
> unless someone is able to guide me through the process of changing my
> keypair, this situation likely will last for some time to come... :-(

Password-based authentication is where the SSH client (used by SVN)
prompts you for a password, instead of using your keypair.

The only other hitch is that because they changed the alioth SSH host
key as well, you will probably see messages like this:

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
99:11:ed:30:03:41:ff:9f:f3:74:bd:7d:e1:8f:04:44.

You can remove the offending key (listed later in the error message),
then it will let you log in by typing your Alioth password.

Note that this means I will have to manually sync the repository that
feeds Trac, for now.

--
- Charles Lepple