[Nut-upsdev] Updating the development process

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 14 13:00:13 UTC 2008

2008/5/13 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> [...]
>

>  > I insist on the *validation* to enter the trunk, since some changes
>  > might have to wait for major releases, to match our current release
>  > process.
>  >
>  > The Testing branch will so disappear soon. Thus be sure to have
>  > everything ported from it to the trunk.
>
>  What will happen to all the changes that are in the 'old' trunk now, but
>  didn't make it into Testing yet? There are some fairly big changes in the
>  server for instance (to allow > 1024 client connections and removal of the
>  ACL mechanism). Are we going to promote these to the 'new' trunk, or
>  should I open a new development branch for those?

well, I expect 2.2.2 to last some time, at least, the time needed to
throw out 2.4.0.
that's to say that we can concentrate on 2.4 and the various news, and
so keep the trunk as is.
if 2.2 really needs another maintenance release for some bug hunting,
we can always use the v2.2.2 tag.

Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com