[Nut-upsdev] Maruson power net 1500 support?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:14:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Kjell Claesson
<kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se> wrote:
> Den Tuesday 20 May 2008 03.21.22 skrev Charles Lepple:
>> On May 19, 2008, at 6:27 PM, David Mathog wrote:
>> > No idea why it thinks it is a Liebert.
>>
>> It's only looking at the USB vendor ID, and the only Liebert USB UPS
>> that we heard about had that vendor ID. (Then again, these may be
>> completely different beasts - that UPS had product ID 0xffff, and
>> yours is 0x0003.)
>>
>> Here's the entry from http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids :
>>
>> 06da  Phoenixtec Power Co., Ltd
>>       0002  UPS
>>
>> Maybe the base driver should be named Phoenixtec instead.
>>

> Hm, bad idea. The Phoenixtec make the interface card to early Powerware ups'es
> with just the Vendor/product id 06da:0002. And it speaks the bcmxcp protocol.
> B.t.w an bad usb implementation that need a dirty fix to make it work.

Also, as Alexander mentioned, that PID/VID is used by UPSes which can
be controlled by megatec_usb. So you can pretty much ignore my
previous comments.

On the other hand, we could add a message to liebert-hid.c that
mentions this PID/VID mess, and suggests trying megatec_usb (not that
it is a sure bet). We have similar code in tripplite-hid.c.

--
- Charles Lepple