[Nut-upsdev] Help with "Kebo - unsupported!"

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Thu Nov 13 22:50:22 UTC 2008

On Friday 14 November 2008 01:35:21 Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> >> can somebody recall me with we have a such entry in the HAL .fdi,
> >> hotplug and udev files?
> >
> > Probably because of the following threads:
> >
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2005-September/000150
> >.html
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2007-May/002044.html
> >
> > I can't find any driver that is using the ProductID and VendorID, so I
> > don't think this ever made it into a useful driver.
>
> There seems to be something:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2007-May/002213.html
>
> There is a patch which we might include as 'experimental' after
> cleaning it up.

Yes, this is right - there is a patch. The only problem is that the driver
needs to be rewritten to use libusb. Peter (Selinger) asked me to help the
author of the patch, but after some time he said that he doesn't have time to
work on the driver. I thought I can rewrite it myself but I was either busy
at the moment and then it never happened :(

--
  Alexander