[Nut-upsdev] Opening the 2.4 commit fest

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 22:42:13 UTC 2008

fellows,

You can now commit to the trunk everything that is scheduled for 2.4

For my part, the november month will be mostly dedicated to the following:
- commit the USB "improved maintenance" code. I'm about to finish that
one, which allows to extract USB info and generate the various USB
related files (hotplug, udev and hal). so the end of that bothering
era ^_^
- complete & merge the upsdrv-info-struct branch
- complete & merge the make-package branch
- commit the PDUs support
- some more update related to Eaton

We will then have some more update to do on:
- the packaging/ files to be sync'ed,
- the documentation (will be kept as plain text for 2.4 ; html postponed to 2.6)

The remainder, until the -pre stage, will be:
- the Powerman support (through the powerman driver) for more PDUs
- the possible RRD integration into upslog
- complete the NUT Packaging Standard (doc/packaging.txt)

??? dummy-ups repeater (nut client) and meta (composed of several devices) ???

- the Python PyNut class integration

Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com