[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1556 - in trunk: . docs drivers scripts/hal scripts/hotplug scripts/udev tools

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 19 22:08:09 UTC 2008

Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:

> Author: aquette
> Date: Sat Nov 15 21:50:40 2008
> New Revision: 1556
>
> Log:
> USB "improved maintenance" code. Refer to docs/new-drivers.txt for
> more information...
>
> Added:
>  trunk/drivers/usb-common.c
>  trunk/drivers/usb-common.h
>  trunk/tools/
>  trunk/tools/Makefile.am
>  trunk/tools/nut-usbinfo.pl   (contents, props changed)
> Modified:
>  trunk/ChangeLog
>  trunk/Makefile.am
>  trunk/configure.in
>  trunk/docs/new-drivers.txt
>  trunk/drivers/   (props changed)
>  trunk/drivers/Makefile.am

[snip]

I noticed in the Makefile.am you flagged this driver as broken. What
is the reason for not flagging the driver itself 'broken_driver = 1'
as well, so that people that still use it will be warned why it
doesn't work anymore by the time we release nut-2.4?

Looking at the comments in the driver about the problems with 2.6.x
kernels I wouldn't be too heartbroken if we would drop it from the
stable tree by the way. Being the only driver that uses hiddev and the
aforementioned comment (and how this problem was 'fixed' in the
driver) lead me to believe that this won't be a great loss to NUT.

Please keep list traffic on the list