[Nut-upsdev] Looks like the Tripplite SMART1500SLT support borked?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Nov 20 08:00:56 UTC 2008

Citeren Jeff Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net>:

> It was never my intention not to. I respectfully suggest that you add
> the line:

There we go once again... :-(

     http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

As you may have figured out by now, the adminstrators of this mailing
list consider this harmful. We don't want to force people to reply to
the mailing list, since there are also valid reasons not to. Not all
replies should go to the mailing list.

> to the header of the list emails that go out and it would solve the
> problem once and for all. That's what most lists do to keep replies on
> the list. Its only natural to "reply" to an email and takes more work to
> manually change the address each time to something other than what comes
> up.

You don't have to. Many if not all MUA nowadays either have the option
to 'reply to mailing list' or if that's not available, 'reply to all'.

> The way it is now defaults to something that is against your policy.

We don't have a policy, other than the request to keep list traffic on
the list.

It also depends on the MUA you're using. If yours isn't clever enough
to figure out that when replying to a mailing list message, it should
either send the reply to the mailing list or at least ask what you
want, find a better one or learn to live with it's limitations.

Please keep list traffic on the list