[Nut-upsdev] apcsmart and ambient data

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:47:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:01 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/10/18 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>> Arnaud,
>
> Hi Charles
>
> thanks for pinging (still overbusy with far too many urgent subjects...)
>
>> have you had a chance to look at this patch?
>>
>> I am not familiar with the SNMP MIBs for UPSes, but it seems that we
>> could avoid this problem by executing a getNext on the OID *without*
>> the index at the end. Feel free to poke holes in this theory.
>
> well, the .0 suffix is still problematic. Have a look there:
> http://www.lyberty.com/encyc/articles/snmp.html
> §How can InterMapper query a particular MIB variable?
>
> using a get next isn't an option, or it could be if we only add a .0
> suffix (or check that the next OID == OID ".0").
> otherwise, we'll end up with something weird!
> can you please take care of such a patch Charles?

I committed Steffen's patch, but since I don't have any SNMP equipment
to test against, I would prefer not to try and blindly code up
something that compares to make sure that the getNext returns the same
base OID. (Maybe if I have time to get the NUT SNMP Agent code
running... *head starts spinning*)

--
- Charles Lepple