[Nut-upsdev] apcsmart and ambient data

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 00:40:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
>
>>> I committed Steffen's patch, but since I don't have any SNMP equipment
>>> to test against,
>> don't you have an MGE evolution (with snmp card?)
>
> I have one (recently extended with environmental sensor) and
> fortunately it reports the ambient.(temperature|humidity) through
> SNMP. In the MGE MIB these are found through
>
> #define MGE_OID_AMBIENT_TEMP ".1.3.6.1.4.1.705.1.8.1.0"
> #define MGE_OID_AMBIENT_HUMIDITY ".1.3.6.1.4.1.705.1.8.2.0"
>
> Anything particular we need to test here? It seems to work allright
> now however, so I'm not sure if something needs to be changed.

Arjen,

At first, I was under the impression at first that this was a case of
two different interpretations of a standard MIB, but those look like
two different vendor-specific OIDs (APCC and MGE), and we have at
least two users who concur that our OID for APC was wrong.

Your unit should not be affected by the change to apccmib.h.

--
- Charles Lepple