[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1582 - in trunk: . data docs drivers man

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 26 12:33:00 UTC 2008

Reporting current in milliAmps is not a good idea. This will lead to
impractically large values, especially when we report them with two
decimals resolution (10 microAmps). Even the laboratory measuring
equipment that is standing right next to me now, doesn't offer this
resolution in the range that is common for most UPS'es. I think you
meant to write 'Ampere (A)' here and in that case, two decimals (10
milliAmps) resolution is not too unreasonable.

Reporting outlet voltage with 10mV resolution is ridiculous. This
would require an accuracy of better than 0.004% to have any meaning.
This is at least two orders of magnitude better than the accuracy of
any UPS that is on the market today. Even with *very* expensive
measurement equipment, I doubt that reporting more than one decimal is
justified. Basically the same goes for the power (W and VA), these
shouldn't have any decimals at all.

Please keep list traffic on the list