[Nut-upsdev] UPS (Megatec) with strange voltage values

Carlos Rodrigues cefrodrigues at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:51:59 UTC 2008

On 10/15/08, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca <luizluca at gmail.com> wrote:
> I finally managed to have sometime to find out why NUT wasn't compiling...
> autoreconf and not autoconf!
>
> Carlos, the patch fixed the problem and compiled flawless.

Great!

> I would sugest these values for batvolts
>
> { 240, 1.75*120, 2.33*120, 1.75*120, 2.09*120,  0.0 },   /* Lacerda Titan
> Black */

That array is mostly deprecated. It was a feeble attempt to provide
for some defaults, but in the real world it is mostly useless.

The way forward is to add "battvolts=x:y" to the compatibility list
for the models where we know those values work.

> BTW, the second UPS I have has a problem with NUT. It ignores the chars sent
> to serial port if the time between char is greater than 60000 useconds. To
> fix this, I reduced
>
> #define SEND_PACE    100000  /* interval between chars on send (usec) */
>
> to 10000
>
> Maybe this could be turned into a new parameter.

The UPSes are the same make and model? That's strange behaviour...

But I guess this could be another parameter...