[Nut-upsdev] HP T/R2200 G2

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Fri Sep 12 03:09:55 UTC 2008

> The system it runs on is Debian 'Etch', which runs nut 2.0.4. I tried
> backporting 2.2.2 from 'Lenny', but it needs a newer version of udev.
Is
> there any hope of applying your patch to 2.0.4 or is the USB driver
too
> downlevel there? Failing that, if I built the usb driver from svn
would it
> talk to upsd from 2.0.4?

To answer my own question, usbhid-ups from svn works just fine against
upsd from 2.0.4, provided I set the port name to the same as the ups
definition in ups.conf, eg:

[UPS1]
 driver = usbhid-ups
 port = UPS1

I guess the socket name format has been changed from <driver>-<name> in
2.0.4 to <driver>-<port> in svn. Fortunately the port name appears to be
irrelevant in the usb drivers so changing it doesn't present a problem.

I'm not yet running the upsmon stuff, but mrtg is now graphing based on
the output from upsc and everything looks sensible.

Thanks for your help!

James