[Nut-upsdev] APC SmartUPS 750 (SUA750) missing ambient data with usbhid-ups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 00:31:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Ric Anderson <ric at opus1.com> wrote:
> Any ideas on how to get usbhid-ups to pass along the same data in Linux?

The USB Power Device Class (PDC HID) UPSes seem to use slightly
different usage codes when they publish the internal temperatures.
Don't quote me, but I think humidity is not part of the standard,
either. We'll have to hunt for them.

Can you get a log from starting the driver in "explore" mode? (You
will want to shut down NUT (the driver, upsd and upsmon) temporarily
while running this test.)

Something like this should work:

/path/to/usbhid-ups -DD -x explore | tee sua750.log

(then kill the driver after a minute or two)

Please gzip the log before sending it to the list.

--
- Charles Lepple