[Nut-upsdev] SNMP on HP UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Aug 31 14:42:00 UTC 2009

Please keep list traffic on the list.

----- Doorgestuurd bericht van p.g.ward op stir.ac.uk -----
     Datum: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:59:37 +0100
       Van: Philip Ward <p.g.ward op stir.ac.uk>
  Onderwerp: Re: [Nut-upsdev] SNMP on HP UPS
       Aan: Arjen de Korte <nut+devel op de-korte.org>

Sure,

The output is attached.

However, it is not just unsupported OIDs that are a problem, but also
different OIDs.

output voltage is "1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.2.1" on the af401a but ietf
has it at "1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.2.0"
output current is "1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.3.1" on the af401a but ietf
has it at "1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.3.0"

Similarly for input.frequency, input.voltage and input.current. I'm not
sure that there is a way around these differences without either a new
mib, or changing the way that the driver scans the OID tree to try and
resolve them.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this.

-
Philip Ward
Unix Systems Administrator
Ext 7274