[Nut-upsdev] Updating the NUT FAQ

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:12:24 UTC 2009

On Nov 30, 2009, at 9:50 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> 2009/11/30 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>> All,
>>
>> I think it's time that we overhauled the contents of the NUT FAQ.
>>
>> Any objections to removing material that refers to NUT versions
>> prior to
>> 2.0.0? (I suppose we could have a FAQ archive, or the most
>> important old
>> items could be moved to the Upgrading instructions.)

Still haven't heard anything about the pre-2.0 information. I am
commenting it out now, but does anyone know of any distributions still
using older versions of NUT?

>> Two specific areas that I would like to improve are the USB-related
>> questions and the ACL information. I am not an authority on either
>> of these
>> areas, but if anyone has suggestions, I will gladly incorporate them.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> I've just commited a dumb related entry before you start working on
> it.
> The USB related things were scheduled, along with some more update,
> but I'm glad that you take over this.
> I'll be looking at your changes to complete / fix these if needed.

OK.

Arnaud: for integration, what is the status of including the FAQ in
the user manual? It only seems to be available from the website
documentation page.

Also, before we get too far along with editing, should we change the
filename to FAQ.txt to be consistent with the rest of the files in
docs/ ?

- Charles