[Nut-upsdev] Path for .fdi files (was: Re: [nut-commits] buildbot failure in FreeBSD-i686)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 03:56:53 UTC 2009

On Dec 26, 2009, at 11:18 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> I was wondering if you could take a look at the following issue that
> we're having on FreeBSD. As a bit of background, I don't think we
> had ever really tried to make the HAL support compile with Buildbot
> when the buildslave was running FreeBSD 6.4. We initially thought
> this was related to not detecting a path correctly, but now it seems
> that the error is happening even before that.
>
> We are invoking 'make', which according to the path, should be /usr/
> bin/make. (GNU make is /usr/local/bin/gmake, but I don't think that
> should be in the picture.)
>
> The error seems to happen on line 8 of scripts/hal/Makefile.am:
>
>  http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/trunk/scripts/hal/Makefile.am?rev=1778
>
> Basically, $@ (the target) is being expanded properly, but $< is
> empty.

I may have answered my own question here, but I'm still curious as to
what others do in this situation. It sounds like this Makefile does
not have a set of suffix rules to cover this file (we're changing the
prefix anyway), so BSD make doesn't know what the official source for
the file is. (I assume GNU make just uses the first dependency.)

Arnaud: can we just rename the file in SVN to have a "20-" prefix,
since this seems to be fixed?