[Nut-upsdev] NUT and Buildbot (was Re: New Mustek UPS model working)

Fr3ddie fr3ddie at fr3ddie.it
Fri Feb 13 15:37:03 UTC 2009

Charles Lepple ha scritto:
>> Ok, are these addresses correct to retrieve nut's documentation about
>> ./configure parameters?
>> http://www.networkupstools.org/doc/2.2.0/INSTALL.html
>> http://www.networkupstools.org/doc/2.2.0/configure.html
>
> Those are good for an overview of the process, but you can always get
> the latest help by running "./configure --help".

Ok, thanks for this, I haven't ever known about a "--help" parameter for
configure scripts! ;)

> I meant that you can run "./configure --with-whatever
> --without-something-else --enable-maintainer-mode". You don't need to
> edit the configure script directly - it gets rebuilt with autoreconf.

Do I have to launch autoreconf before or after my personal ./configure line?

> You can see the commands that will be run by looking at the buildbot logs, e.g.
>
>    http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/Debian-etch-x86/builds/682/step-configure/0
>
> and
>
>    http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/Debian-etch-x86/builds/682/step-compile/0
>
> (first blue line in each link)

Looking at...

> Please take some time to run things by hand a few more times to
> familiarize yourself with the build process.

Sure. I definitively need to. ;)
I'll make some try then I'll be back to report.

> Yes, we try not to mention the slave address and passwords on the
> mailing list :-)

LOL, understood :)

>> - The SVN address is:
>>        svn co svn://svn.debian.org/nut/trunk
>>  or is the one stated at http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/changes:
>>        svn co svn://svn.debian.org/nut
>>  ?

About this? I think I should use the "trunk" subdirectory only to test
the latest testing, is it correct?

> I think I jumped into the original conversation late. I thought you
> just wanted to test compilation on another platform. Right now, we
> don't have a good functional test for NUT, although Arnaud has been
> working on a test with dummyups against upsd.
>
> If you want to actually test the drivers, Buildbot isn't as helpful
> right now, since we don't force the system to use the newly-built
> drivers. In fact, "make distcheck" only tests that all needed files
> will be present in a distribution tarball, and that they all compile.
>
> I suppose you could do a "make install" from the buildbot directory
> afterwards, but I personally like having a little more control over
> the build process when I am installing new drivers. You can still
> manually run "svn update" then run "make && sudo make install" to test
> a new revision of a driver.

Ok so the best, for now, is if I understand alone how to "manually"
compile&run the nut's testing version. Then, if you need it, I'll try
using buildbot.
Thank you very much for your help and I'll be back soon :)

--
Fr3ddie
fr3ddie at fr3ddie.it
Home Page: http://www.fr3ddie.it
OpenPGP Public Key available on my website

The only good Windows is an uninstalled Windows