[Nut-upsdev] Exide NetUPS SE (aka Powerware 5119 etc)

Johan Adler johan.adler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 12:07:43 UTC 2009

Arnaud,

Does the Eaton merger/cooperation mentioned in the Christmas mail mean
that you/we(the NUT team) will get the necessary information about
older (Eaton) Powerware equipment and protocol too? In that case my
suggested protocol forensics might be a waste of time (even if I might
personally learn a thing or two in the process).

2008/12/30 Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>:
> I think you find them in the nut comaptiblity list also. The difference is
> that we need a report on that it works.

OK, then let it be noted that my Exide NetUPS SE works just fine with
the upscode2 driver, as far as I can see. I have not actually pulled
the plug on the UPS, letting NUT shut down the system, since I am
quite happy just knowing that my UPS will keep my server running
during the power failures I get here a few times a year.

> Yes and bcmxcp have been improved in the trunk (going for 2.4.0).
> And I think it would be good if we can get this into the upscode2 also.

Me too.

> Are you up for to do some programming?
> In that case I can support you with some doc's on how the loadsegment
> is working in the upscode2. Don't know if the developer of the upscode2
> driver is still active, I know they have this info.
>
> Im at the moment on a low level of activity, due to many other things to do,
> but I keep up with the list traffic and try to have the bcmxcp driver working.
> But it need more work.

It has been a while since I coded in C, but I think I could do it if I
could find the time. Modifying existing source should be easier than
trying to write a new driver from scratch.

Regards,
Johan Adler