[Nut-upsdev] Support for CyberPower CP1350AVRLCD

Dave Myers dave at sixgunllc.net
Tue Jan 27 21:24:02 UTC 2009

Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Dave Myers <dave at sixgunllc.net>:
>
> [...]
>
>> idVendor           0x0764 Cyber Power System, Inc.
>> idProduct          0x0501 CP1500 AVR UPS
>
> [...]
>
> This device should be supported out of the box by the usbhid-ups
> driver. If it isn't, chances are that the permissions aren't setup
> correctly (which would be an Ubuntu packaging bug, we can't fix that
> for you). You can verify this by running the driver as root
>
>     usbhid-ups -DDD -u root -a <upsname>
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Arjen,

It works great now.  I'm at a loss to explain why I wasn't able to set
the UPS up when I tried it before.  The only thing that was different
this time was that I had previously installed the hal driver for support
under gnome.  I uninstalled the hal driver and re-installed nut and it
went smooth as butter.  Thanks for your help.  Let me know if I can help
with the project.

Dave