[Nut-upsdev] driver for IVT SCD solar controller ?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Jul 29 18:44:19 UTC 2009

Citeren Rainer Fuegenstein <rfu op kaneda.iguw.tuwien.ac.at>:

>> There is a skeleton driver, and the rest
>> will be adapting to the SCD protocol.
> according to the documentation on the NUT website, this shouldn't be
> to hard [famous last words].

I already wrote an experimental 'ivtscd' driver. The source is
available in the SVN trunk. Please let us know if this works for you.
If not, make sure to post the output of

     /path/to/ivtscd -DDD -a upsname

here so that we can fix remaining issues.

The driver allows you to override the build-in defaults for the power
on and power off battery voltage by adding

     default.battery.voltage.low = 10.80
     default.battery.voltage.nom = 12.00

to 'ups.conf'. Note that I'm a little more conservative with the
minimum battery voltage needed.

The driver also supports the 'reset.input.minmax' command to reset the
minimum and maximum values reported by the controller.

Since you can't tell the controller to shutdown the load, the driver
will hang around after

     upsdrvctl shutdown

waiting for the battery voltage to return to nominal or the power
being cut by the controller. This should be OK, since by the time this
should be run, all file systems are mounted read-only. Note that after
the driver exits, you need to call reboot in order to resume to normal
operation, in a similar fashion as documented in the section on power
races in docs/shutdown.txt.

Please keep list traffic on the list