[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1846 - in trunk: . clients common drivers include man server

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon May 25 12:20:33 UTC 2009

2009/5/20 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org <nut%2Bdevel at de-korte.org>>

> Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
>
>  Log:

>>> In
>>> most cases, syslog will already prepend a timestamp, so this is probably
>>> redundant.
>>>
>>>  right, I missed that point in the end.
>> I'll jump on your other mail on that point...
>>

> I already have a patch waiting to change this. It prepends the elapsed time
> (seconds and microseconds) since the first upsdebug() command by default
> without requiring any additional command line options. We're probably more
> interested in the elapsed time since the program started anyway, instead of
> wall clock time when debugging something.

right, it's best for our use case.
a good thing would be to add the start time (at driver startup) or an option
to turn this into timestamps when debugging cross components (like
driver-upsd communication) to avoid recalculation.

do you need an action on my side to revert the previous timestamp patch?

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops