[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1846 - in trunk: . clients common drivers include man server

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:06:49 UTC 2009

2009/5/25 Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au>

> On Mon, 25 May 2009, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> > > elapsed time (seconds and microseconds) since the first upsdebug()
> > > command by default without requiring any additional command line
> > > options. We're probably more interested in the elapsed time since
> > > the program started anyway, instead of wall clock time when
> > > debugging something.
> >
> > right, it's best for our use case.
> > a good thing would be to add the start time (at driver startup) or an
> > option to turn this into timestamps when debugging cross components
> > (like driver-upsd communication) to avoid recalculation.
>
> Hmm.. won't relative timestamps make it difficult when you're debugging
> program interaction? eg a UPS driver & upsd.

yup, that was the core of my last reply... (an option to override the
elapsed time and switch to a timestamp system).

Arjen's version (elapsed time) is very nice for working on 1 component,
while the timestamp would help more in cross components (program
interaction). possibly using the new "-T" to switch to the timestamp mode...

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops