[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1846 - in trunk: . clients common drivers include man server

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Tue May 26 01:43:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> It has been like this for years and we have never really needed to
> run both ends in debug mode when trying to diagnose what is going on
> (remember, so far we didn't have any time stamps at all). I
> understand what the objections may be, but I really doubt this will
> add anything useful (the recent logs didn't hint in that direction
> either).

<shrugs> seems silly to go to extra effort to generate relative time
stamps (save when you start, gettod & subtract for each log) when you
can trivially generate absolute ones which allow you to reference any
other event on your system be it another NUT daemon or not.

What advantage do relative timestamps have?

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum