[Nut-upsdev] upsd flapping in the breeze

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue May 26 19:42:24 UTC 2009

Citeren Daniel O'Connor <doconnor op gsoft.com.au>:

> Note that I still have trouble starting mge-shut - 50+% of the time it
> says "Unable to get Report Descriptor"

Have you also tried the newmge-ups driver? Being based on the same
core as the usbhid-ups (USB) driver, it may be a little more forgiving
in case of timeouts (although I'm not very familiar with it's
predecessor, mge-shut).

The SHUT protocol is *very* verbose and uses a slow 2400 baud link, so
you want to give it lots of time before giving up (reading a 1500+
bytes report descriptor will take more than 10 seconds). You may want
to increase MAXAGE in upsd.conf to at least double that, to prevent
PINGing the driver to death.

Please keep list traffic on the list