[Nut-upsdev] MGE NMC and NutShutdownModule (and other stuff)

Marco Chiappero marco at absence.it
Sat Nov 7 09:39:54 UTC 2009

Arjen de Korte ha scritto:
> Citeren Marco Chiappero <marco at absence.it>:
> When you read the corresponding values from the summary page, the values
> are reversed however. If we would parse the summary page between these
> alarms (be it right after parsing an alarm or just before receiving the
> next), with every new incoming alarm, the previous status would be reset
> again. So if we want to keep the alarms as they are, we should disregard
> the values set by the summary page. However, since the above alarm bits
> are never cleared by an alarm message after the test, this would mean
> that pressing this test button once would effectively permanently
> disable the outlet.

Well, the test is supposed to perform a shutdown, so it's assumed that
NUT is restarted. I see no problem in this behaviour.
I compiled your code yesterday evening, everything looks fine but I
noticed that every 180 secs a new subscription is made: is there a
reason for this? And I see that +20-25% more traffic generated.
Thinking a little bit, I would just read alarm messages and the
get_object page: when everything is fine extended data is updated once
every pollinterval and the relevant one immediately by the alarm
messages, when the UPS goes on battery we can scan the summary page too,
frequently.

Regards,
Marco