[Nut-upsdev] MGE NMC and NutShutdownModule (and other stuff)

Marco Chiappero marco at absence.it
Sat Nov 7 16:44:23 UTC 2009

Arjen de Korte ha scritto:
> Citeren Marco Chiappero <marco at absence.it>:
>
>> Maybe there is something I'm missing, but if that particular machine
>> don't need to go down just do not let it shutdown, it will simply see
>> the low battery flag and notice it.
>
> The problem is, that this flag will never be cleared by an alarm
> message.

I can't see the problem, it's just for testing purpose, while setting
things up. Once done NUT must be restarted, if that schema is used. Need
only to be mentioned in the man page.
Alarm messages can't get lost on TCP (unless explicitly dropped).

> Could it be that the card is rebooting? If you're running multiple
> clients in parallel, this might trigger an NMC reset.

Ok, I didn't noticed it at first: the NMC keeps resetting all the
subscription connections when using other clients along with NUT.
However it started working like this after the netxml-ups upgrade. Had
to stop NUT. I never experienced such issue before.
Ok, found... the netxml-ups driver keeps asking the get_object page
really often.

> How do you know the subscription is successful without running the
> driver in debug mode? Currently, the driver won't inform you about that.

Network traffic sniffing (tcpdump in particular).

Regards,
Marco