[Nut-upsdev] MGE NMC and NutShutdownModule (and other stuff)

Marco Chiappero marco at absence.it
Sat Nov 7 20:59:58 UTC 2009

?

>>> Could it be that the card is rebooting? If you're running multiple
>>> clients in parallel, this might trigger an NMC reset.
>> Ok, I didn't noticed it at first: the NMC keeps resetting all the
>> subscription connections when using other clients along with NUT.
>
> You can subscribe only run one NSM client per host (I told you that).

Indeed, I was referring to other hosts. When netxml-ups driver gets
connected the NMC starts resetting every host/client using the NMC.
I thought the get_object page was read only every "pollinterval" secs.
Maybe, if two alarm messages are very close in time the NMC gives up.

>> However it started working like this after the netxml-ups upgrade.
>> Had to stop NUT. I never experienced such issue before.
>
> Your earlier changes would never deal with the loss of NSM subscription
> and instead just continue with the polled status.

Until a new connection is established, and, as far as I used it, no
subscription reset occurred.

> That only tells you what the NMC is telling, not if the driver
> understands it.

It does and there's no other client running on the same machine.
I'm reverting back to the NSM or my patch, they are better suited for my
own setup (I don't care about having 4-5 latency seconds, it does change
nothing).

Regards,
Marco