[Nut-upsdev] Powercom support and sponsorship

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sat Nov 21 12:35:12 UTC 2009

Citeren Morozov Alexey <morozov op pcm.ru>:

> Our engineers fixed problem and prepare updated firmware. I could
> provide new demo sample to Alexander this weekend. This firmware get
> correct status and data from UPS but not shutdown system.

It would be helpful if NUT would be able to shutdown the UPS too. This
is essential in case of unattended shutdowns. Are you telling that
there is no way to make the UPS power off the outlets and wait for the
mains power to return?

> Communication via USB in previous version firmware based on get report
> (by default) but it changed to interapt report. If it possible please
> use both report type (get and interapt reports) in OS.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying here. Do you mean
the UPS no longer uses feature reports, but instead only pushes data
through the interrupt pipeline?

We currently do use both feature- and input reports. Currently, when
we get an input report (through the interrupt pipeline) we read the
corresponding feature report (mostly for working around broken input
reports on some Belkin models). We could make this optional however.

@Alexander: If you receive the newer unit, could you please run the
usbhid-ups driver with -DDD enabled? I would love to see the new (?)
report descriptor of this device. The version from the trunk should be
able to recognize the VID:PID of the UPS, so there is no more need to
use the explore option anymore.

Please keep list traffic on the list