[Nut-upsdev] format problem in driver.list*

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 13:34:53 UTC 2009

On Nov 22, 2009, at 7:30 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> Hi Charles
>
> 2009/11/21 Charles Lepple:
>> In r2124 of branches/AsciiDoc (haven't checked where else this is),
>> it looks
>> like we have two duplicated columns. See diff below. This results
>> in the
>> model name showing up in the driver column of the HCL.
>
> thanks for catching that one. I've fixed the .in

OK, thanks.

> it seems there is another problem with chapter 4 of the user manual...
> btw, did you took a quick look at it?

Nope, this is the first that I've heard about it. (I have mostly been
focusing on the man pages.)

It may just be that we need to include a section heading in the user-
manual.txt file before including ../INSTALL.

>> How is driver.list regenerated from driver.list.in? Do I just need
>> to re-run
>> autoreconf to get the rules up-to-date? Or is this converted
>> manually for
>> the time being?
>
> driver.list need an entry in configure.in, and a possible adjustment
> in data/Makefile.am.

Do you want me to take a look at this?

Also, are you sure we want to have a .in file just to include a
version number?

> the online HCL (website/scripts/ups_data.js) get generated manually,
> using tools/nut-hclinfo.pl.
> this one will be generated upon "make website".

Along these lines, what generates the static HTML for the HCL?