[Nut-upsdev] Help with AsciiDoc man pages

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:20:32 UTC 2009

I'm looking for a little bit of help with the man page conversion.

So far, about a third of the man pages are converted, and I think it
would make sense to have a second or third set of eyes compare the
output to be sure that we are not losing any information in the
conversion process.

In the tarballs generated from the AsciiDoc branch on
http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/ you will find the original man
pages in nut-*/man/, and the converted ones (currently only one third
of them) in nut-*/docs/man/

On most systems, you don't need to install anything - just extract the
tarball, and run 'man' with a relative path to the man page (e.g. 'man
./upsc.8' from the nut-*/docs/man/ directory).

Here's the link to the latest tarball:
http://ocelot.ghz.cc/~buildbot/nut-2.4.1-r2012.tar.gz

The corresponding HTML conversion is here:
http://buildbot.ghz.cc/~buildbot/docs/r2012-152/man/index.html

Thanks,

--
- Charles Lepple