[Nut-upsdev] new variable

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Oct 1 10:10:03 UTC 2009

Citeren "Kiss Gabor (Bitman)" <kissg op ssg.ki.iif.hu>:

>> Not recommended. Any variables from the configuration files require
>> reloading
>> the driver. It is probably much easier to make this a R/W variable, so that
>> you can modify it on the fly via 'upsrw'.
>
> At this moment I could not image why would be necessary to
> reconfigure "physical" properties of the imaginary UPS soooo frequent
> that reloading the driver becames unconvenient. But no problem.

I forgot to mention that we currently don't support reloading in the
drivers (we do in the server and some clients). So this means that
changing a value requires restarting a driver. This means a
disturbance, which you probably don't want if your testing something.

> Would you mind to suggest proper names the following constants?
>
> "If state is OL and battery is not full, it will be charged
> with this level of current"
>
> "If state is OB and battery is not empty, it will discharged
> with this level of current"

I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here. It looks a lot
like you're trying to duplicate the function of the dummy UPS driver
we already have. Possibly with the exception of automating the
discharge/charge cycles, but one could easily write a script to do
this too (via upscmd controls). What exactly are you trying to do?
Please be specific.

Please keep list traffic on the list