[Nut-upsdev] new variable

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu
Mon Oct 5 14:55:31 UTC 2009

Hi Stuart,

> > It is hard to decide if "charging current of an imaginary UPS" or
> > "the maximal charge time" is a hardware description or
> > simulation data.
> I agree it is a tricky decision.  But I still think that the "charging
> current" (and other simulated properties) is a "hardware description" rather
> than a driver config.  Think about it this way, if some magic could make your
> simulated UPS real, what would be in the driver config?  The description of
> the UPS that will be magically synthesized goes in your simulation parameters.
> The configuration for using one of your magically manufactured UPSes goes in
> the driver config.

Actually I finished the Nth version program and I was writing the manual
when your mail arrived. You gained me over but at this moment I'm
too tired to rewrite it again.

Now I publish the results so far then I wait a few days if I receive
some feedback.

Why don't you play a bit with powercut? It is quite amusing to watch
meters of knutclient in real-time. :-)

Cheers

Gabor