[Nut-upsdev] NUT UPS monitor & APC Back UPS CS-350 (nut-2.2.2p1) on OpenBSD

Zbigniew lists at ispid.com.pl
Tue Oct 6 13:22:52 UTC 2009

Hallo,

Following the tips found at https://calomel.org/nut_ups.html I was trying to
make NUT operate "APC Back UPS CS-350". The device introduces itself as:

#v+
  ugen0 at uhub0 port 1 "American Power Conversion Back-UPS CS 350 FW:807.q7.I
  USB FW:q7" rev 1.10/0.06 addr 2
#v-

My config:

#v+
[apc]
        driver = usbhid-ups
        port = /dev/ugen0.00
        pollfreq = 60
        desc = "Back UPS CS-350"
#v-

Unfortunately, when I'm trying to start UPS driver, it's complaining:

#v+
  # usbhid-ups -a apc
  Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.33 (2.2.2)

  No matching HID UPS found
#v-

It seems, it doesn't recognize(?) that particular UPS - what is strange,
because I've found an information 5 years old:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2005-August/000033.html

...so it seems to be valid assumption, that this type of UPS has been added
to the list of recognized devices? Or maybe my problems are strictly
OpenBSD-related?

Is my only option for today just to use apcupsd - or it's possible to
fix that lack of "matching HID UPS" somehow?
--
regards,
Zbigniew