[Nut-upsdev] Powercut 0.2 released

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:52:57 UTC 2009

Hi Gabor,

back from the recent "absence"...

2009/10/6 Kiss Gabor (Bitman) <kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu>

> Powercut driver version 0.2 now accepts instcmds.
> Source code and man page is updated:
>
> > http://bakacsin.ki.iif.hu/~kissg/pd/nut/<http://bakacsin.ki.iif.hu/%7Ekissg/pd/nut/>

this is very interesting.

when it comes to device simulation in NUT, dummy-ups is the way to go.
due a bad timing, I have a few things not commited here addressing most of
your issues (minus the computation logic). I've taken the time to complete
this, and just commited r2024.
take a look at it and tell me if it better suits your needs.
it's not yet optimal, and I have some more untracked ideas in mind.

on my side, I'll try to test powercut, look at the code and think a bit more
about it.
but a bit later since I'm already much busy with some very important
subjects...

now, I'd be glad to see you working on enhancing dummy-ups ;-)
if you're interested in, please tell me so.

btw, thanks for all your much appreciated contribs to NUT Gabor ;-)

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops