[Nut-upsdev] Merging the AsciiDoc branch

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 02:54:33 UTC 2009

I guess this is more of a question for Arnaud, but what's the plan for
merging the AsciiDoc branch back into the trunk?

At the moment, we have a little under half of the man pages converted,
but of course there are a few changes between the branch point and the
head of the trunk that need to be incorporated as well. Should we just
manually keep track of the changed man pages, and only merge when we
are completely finished? How far are we from a release?

Another lesson from testing the merge into the trunk: the ChangeLog
file will be a mess (since both the trunk and the branch have changes
adjacent to each other, most of the revisions conflict with the
previous revision). We might want to consider generating the ChangeLog
file from the SVN revision messages.

--
- Charles Lepple