[Nut-upsdev] Powercut 0.2 released

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 21:19:47 UTC 2009

Hey Gabor

> You are probably right. However dummy-ups is "your child" :-)
> so I would not rewrite it without long and detailed negotiation.

excellent ;-)
no, seriously, every single bit of code I've thrown away under GPL was in
the intent to be improved, reused... whatever is usefull as soon as it
participate to this whole big Cathedral construction (ESR ;-)

> But at this time neither of us have enough time to do this.
> I needed an extra quick solution.
>
> Let's regard Powercut as a proof of concept. Please feel free
> to build its best features into dummy-ups.
>
> Personally I wait for "meta mode" impatiently. :-)

in order to accelerate things (ie reach that point of my TODO stack), you'll
have to take over the simulation side (and some others things maybe ;)

there is no hurry on this point, and we all have bigger fishes to fry.
tell me back when you're ready to work on it, and we'll start discussing
(not negotiating btw)...

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops