[Nut-upsdev] Merging the AsciiDoc branch

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:20:41 UTC 2009

Hi Charles,

sorry for this overdue answer!

2009/10/8 Charles Lepple

> On Oct 8, 2009, at 4:13 AM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>
>  Citeren Charles Lepple
>>
>>  Another lesson from testing the merge into the trunk: the ChangeLog
>>> file will be a mess (since both the trunk and the branch have changes
>>> adjacent to each other, most of the revisions conflict with the
>>> previous revision). We might want to consider generating the ChangeLog
>>> file from the SVN revision messages.
>>>

>> Considering the latter, I'm all for it. Most of the time, the SVN revision
>> message is duplicated from the ChangeLog anyway (at least, that's what I
>> do). We might just as well automate this, so we only need to fill in the SVN
>> revision message.
>>

> And with something like this, we might even be able to match the current
> ChangeLog format:
>
> http://arthurdejong.org/svn2cl/
>
> I think I've seen one or two more variants of this - I will dig them up if
> that's what we want to do.

excellent! I'm very happy to see you back on this subject.
I'd be pleased to see it in action...

now for the doc plans (from you original message), there's no hurry for a
merge.
even more now that the ChangeLog point will be addressed.
so the plan is to continue the conversion, until we reach something complete
enough to go on a beta round.

on my side, I've just started to commit a bunch of User Manual updates.
I've planned to get back on the website soon so that we can publish it on
new.n.o and go on a beta round. The last points being the driver.list
evolution (I should send another mail tonight on this), the protocols
library (first pass) and obviously the layout / usability issues we've
talked about before.

I still also have to take a deeper look at the manpages (big thanks for your
work here).

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops