[Nut-upsdev] Status of cyberpower driver

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 08:16:40 UTC 2009

2009/10/21 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> Citeren "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>:
>
>> Well I guess you have seen enough of my CP UPS output ;-) It it
>> frustrating
>> that suse doesn't update the nut package very often. After all the work
>> you
>> did to get the voltage to display correctly instead of at 20V, suse still
>> has
>> updated the package.
>
> Huh? Usually, you'll find updated packages withing days after we release a
> new version. See
>
>    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/hardware/openSUSE_11.1/
>
> It's well known that the policy of openSUSE to only fix bugs in existing
> installations (ie, keep versions as they are) and that they rarely bump
> versions. However, the buildservice usually provides newer versions, should
> you wish to try them.

I would also add to Stanislav Brabec (the NUT Suse maintainer for
years) is part of the NUT team, is pro active in updating (modulo the
above rules) and is following more closely the update cycle (even more
than ... hem Debian for example!)

as a side note, Arjen has just done (yesterday) the final removal of
the cyberpower driver from the NUT trunk...

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops