[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2036 - trunk/man

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Oct 22 08:37:52 UTC 2009

Citeren Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson op epost.tidanet.se>:

> To share my idea. I have been thinking about two types of polls.
> Many ups protocol have a status command and a info command.
> Now we poll for info and get everything including status.
>
> That is a lot of data.
> Why not do:
>
> info poll
> delay after info poll.
> status poll
> status poll
> status poll
> status poll
> Then start over again.
>
> This make less data to read, and a quick response for OB LB.
> The drivers and the polling need to be changed.
>
> Maybe a bad idea, but you are free to pipe it to /dev/null

We already do this for 'usbhid-ups' for instance, so I don't see why
you could already do this in a similar way for any other driver that
may benefit of it.

Of course, we could make this somewhat easier on driver authors by
making a difference between

     upsdrv_updateinfo()

and

     upsdrv_updatestatus()

For now feel free to implement this in a similar way as usbhid-ups
already does.

Please keep list traffic on the list