[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2036 - trunk/man

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:26:44 UTC 2009

2009/10/22 Arjen de Korte
> Citeren Arnaud Quette
>
>> I have another incomplete reflexion in mind for a long time, linked to:
>> - having 2 poll_interval: 1 for OL and 1 for OB,
>
> Why? I know that we make this difference for the upsmon client, but what is
> the benefit of doing this in the drivers as well?

well, that's the point: why?!
that's also why I do more like the status vs info update, generalized
to all drivers.
the thing is that we should first do an update iteration on all driver
so that they are able to differentiate info and status update. then,
we'll be able to generalize this principle

>> - having per driver poll_interval*s* specification (ie in
>> upsdrv_info), and #define DEFAULT_POLL_INTERVAL 10
>
> That might be a good idea, to make this explicit in the drivers.

indeed.

I still have to think a bit more about all that.
All in all, many part of the puzzle are now starting to assemble fine.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops