[Nut-upsdev] MGE NMC and NutShutdownModule (and other stuff)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Oct 30 09:42:04 UTC 2009

Citeren Marco Chiappero <marco op absence.it>:

> I'm sorry, I'm a bit tired and I didn't read carefully this part, so
> please forget the previous message. So, connected mode only,
> one_ups-one_driver, same configuration options from the previous
> code? Ok?

More or less, yes. In order to limit the number of variables that need
to be set, I would limit the configuration to LOCAL only and provide
some sensible defaults for the shutdown delay and shutdown timer
however. By explicitly setting these in the driver, this will make
helping people setting this up easier (otherwise it would require
setting up both the NMC and NUT).

Did you already try to connect multiple drivers yet? The NMC I'm using
(66102 / GA) seems to allow only a single TCP connected subscription
from any single IP. So if a driver is already connected, starting
another one will make the NMC disconnect the others that are connected
from the same IP. While this makes perfect sense for machines that use
an NSM client to shut them down, this bites us if we want to monitor
all outlets through multiple drivers in NUT.

This problem popped up when I added monitoring of the connection
state. I added an automatic reconnection if the connection was lost.
It took only a few seconds for three NSM connected drivers (connected
to the main, outlet-1 and outlet-2) fighting for a subscription to
confuse the NMC enough to trigger a reset. Ouch! :-)

Please keep list traffic on the list