[Nut-upsdev] ups_set_altinterface() breaks tripplite_usb on Mac OS X

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:44:44 UTC 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> The codeless kext stuff is not too complicated - we could probably
> generate them the same way as the udev configuration files. The only
> trick is that the USB VID, PID, bConfigurationValue, bInterfaceNumber
> and bcdDevice values need to be included, in decimal (and the latter
> probably needs to be extracted from lsusb output that users have
> posted to the mailing lists).
>
> isn't there some joker for the b* (like "*" meaning any value)?

I'll have to check, but see below.

> having the option to match so specifically is nice, but I find
> strange to be forced to do that!

The problem is that you have to be more specific than the general HID
class drivers. There is a "matching score" that the codeless kext has
to beat in order to allow libusb to claim the device/interface.
Wildcards do not increase the score as much as specific values.

Now, if we were using a cross-platform HID library... but I digress :-)