[Nut-upsdev] FreeBSD, NUT OmniVS1500

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sat Sep 5 03:01:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Charles Lepple wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> On Sep 4, 2009, at 9:00 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>
>> USB error: could not set alt intf 0/0: Invalid argument
>
> Interesting that you should mention this. It came up just the other day
> regarding Mac OS X:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.devel/4025
>
> That error should go away if you comment out the usb_set_altinterface() line
> in drivers/libusb.c.

Sure does!

>> and
>> USB error: error reading from interrupt endpoint /dev/ugen0.1: Resource
>> temporarily unavailable
>
> Not so sure about this one. Does this version of FreeBSD have separate device
> files for /dev/ugen0 and /dev/ugen0.1?

Yes:

[root at miko /home/spork]# ls -l /dev/ugen0*
crw-rw----  1 root  nut    0,  70 Sep  4 22:09 /dev/ugen0
crw-rw----  1 root  nut    0,  71 Sep  4 22:09 /dev/ugen0.1

Still get the other errors though regarding "resource temporarily
unavailable".  Google's not showing me much other than one thread about
some usb-based outboard I/O kit having a similar issue:

http://markmail.org/message/lgl5pnbfgpcgnqfa#query:freebsd%20ugen0.1%20resource%20temporarily%20unavailable+page:1+mid:btzusk6cvhpcgejx+state:results

And FWIW, the box is now FreeBSD 6.4.  I've got a 7.2 box in that room as
well, perhaps I'll try that next time I'm here.  I don't recall if the
heavily-reworked USB code is in 7.x or 8.x.

Thanks,

Charles