[Nut-upsdev] Layout of AsciiDoc-based NUT webpage

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:24:12 UTC 2009

2009/9/7 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Arnaud Quette<aquette.dev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > 2009/9/4 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>
> >>
> >> Arnaud,
> >
> > hey Charles,
> >

> >> one thing that bothers me a little bit about the new CSS webpage
> >> layout is that the NUT banner at the top obscures the text in the top
> >> portion of the page.
> >>
> >> This is not too much of an issue until you click on a link within a
> >> document, and the browser scrolls to that anchor. Most of the time,
> >> the destination of the link will be hidden behind the NUT banner.
> >>
> >> Can we make the banner scroll with the rest of the page? I am
> >> indifferent as to whether the links on the left sidebar are fixed or
> >> scrolling (so long as they don't jump around via JavaScript).
> >
> > well, it's quite true.
> >
> > we should be able to make a variation for testing, and see if it's
> better.
> >
> > I've attached a txt file with the current layout, and 2 variations on a
> new
> > one that would fit your above idea. What do you think about these?
>
> One thing that the text file doesn't show is where each <div> is
> anchored (i.e. whether it scrolls, or is positioned relative to the
> window).
>
> For instance, in the second test layout, the menu might be absolutely
> positioned (so that it does not scroll), or it might scroll with the
> banner and content.

right, moreover I misunderstood your initial problem.

Seb has kindly worked on solving smartly this issue (r1967) plus a bit more.
the next buildbot doc build will give you the result.

the idea is to not modify much the current layout, but only to recalculate
dynamically the size of the layout-content and to put the slider on this
specific area...

tell us back if it solves the issue for you.

there are still few improvements needed, but we're approaching the final
result.
thanks SuperSeb ;-)

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops