[Nut-upsdev] IVT SCD support status

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 19:20:26 UTC 2009

2009/9/11 Rainer Fuegenstein <rfu at kaneda.iguw.tuwien.ac.at>

> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>  Interesting to know. have you informed them that they would get support
>> for mostly all OSs except windows (but they already support it)?
>>
> yes, of course I did, but didn't get a reply to this part of my email.
> the guy I had contact with originally was on vacation, I'll contact him
> again, maybe he is more responsive than his colleague.

ok, don't hesitate to send update.

>  Now since you came with the first NUT supported SCD, I've made a src.rpm
>> for you:
>> http://opensource.mgeops.com/stable/sources/nut-2.4.1-8.1.src.rpm
>>

> big tnx. rpmbuild works with this one! the one that I used had so many
> dependencies to other stuff like powerman etc. I managed to resolve most
> of these dependencies, but gave up later.
>
> there's a slight problem with the rpm %pre scripts when running rpm -i
> on the solar server:
>
> [root at helios tmp]# rpm -i nut-2.4.1-8.1.i386.rpm
> nut-client-2.4.1-8.1.i386.rpm
> usermod: invalid numeric argument 'dialout'
> error: %pre(nut-client-2.4.1-8.1.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 3
> error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping nut-client-2.4.1-8.1
> usermod: invalid numeric argument 'dialout'
> error: %pre(nut-2.4.1-8.1.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 3
> error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping nut-2.4.1-8.1
>
> I solved this by creating the group "dialout".

right

> and finally, here it is:
>
> [root at helios ups]# upsc ivtscd
> battery.current: -1.9
> battery.current.maximum: 2.2
> battery.current.minimum: -2.4
> battery.temperature: 16
> battery.voltage: 12.10
> battery.voltage.maximum: 14.02
> battery.voltage.minimum: 11.84
> device.mfr: IVT
> device.model: Solar Controller Device
> device.type: scd
> driver.name: ivtscd
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
> driver.version: 2.4.1
> driver.version.internal: 0.02
> ups.status: OB
>
> the value of the current is off by about -1A, which also pulls the voltage
> down by about 0,5V or so.

is that expected? remember that I've not followed the initial thread, nor
had time to do so...
Arjen may have more to say about that.

hope that helps initially; I'll now dig deeper into the nuts configuration.

happy to see the first NUT SCD working ;-)

cheers
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops