[Nut-upsdev] new variable

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu
Wed Sep 30 11:39:44 UTC 2009

[Redirected from nut-upsuser]

> > I have to simulate a behaviour of a real UPS. The physical model
> > contains an extra attribute: the charging current that needed to compute
> > recharge time and actual battery charge during the recharge process.
> >
> > Can we call this variable "battery.current.recharge"?
>
> We already have 'battery.current' and 'battery.capacity' variables, so you
> should use these instead. These allow you to simulate charging/discharging
> your virtual battery and also calculate the (virtual) charge it accumulates.

Eeeer... I don't agree.
Tipically charge current and discharge current differ by
an order of magnitude. After 25 minutes of discharge
batteries are charged for 24 hours or so.

Full discharge time is battery.capacity / battery.current.
However full charge time is battery.capacity / battery.current.recharge.
These two are totally independent attributes of a UPS.

I repeat: this is a simulation. There is no real UPS behind the driver.
(It is like dummy-ups but reported values change automatically
by the time.)
Without specifying the charge rate there is no way to imitate
how fast the battery is filled with energy after utility power returned.

> PS  Please use the nut-upsdev mailing list for development related messages.

Ooops... sorry. :)

Gabor