[Nut-upsdev] Liebert GXT2 NUT driver

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Apr 2 15:09:46 UTC 2010

Citeren Robert Jobbagy <jobbagy.robert op gmail.com>:

> The trouble  was in the command reply buffer use.
> You compute the value that value = reply[6]*256+reply[5]  <- it's wrong
>
> The right solution: value = reply[5] * 256 + reply[6];

Thanks for this patch. I just committed it to the development version.
But please note that this is an experimental driver. Most of the
functions are untested (since nobody took the time to try it out and
post the results back to the mailing list).

> And other bug,
>
> battery.runtime compute, you divide this value 60 <- it's wrong
>
> right value: divide 1.0

Probably not. Per the NUT standard, the 'battery.runtime' value is
reported in seconds. As far as I understand, the UPS reports runtime
remaining in minutes, so we need to multiply by 60 here. See
'docs/new-names.txt' for a listing of (almost) all variables supported
in NUT.

> I continue the work on this driver,and I will write if I make a something
> new.

Please do. It should be trivial to add additional commands and
variables to the existing ones.

Please keep list traffic on the list