[Nut-upsdev] HP R1500 G2

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:14:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Tim Rice <tim at multitalents.net> wrote:
> And running it under truus I see thih line
> 838:    open("/dev/usb/3f0.1fe0/0/cntrl0", O_RDWR)      Err#16 EBUSY
>
> So it looks like maybe it was opened in exclusive mode.
> Any thoughts?

USB devices generally need to be opened exclusively. (Technically, the
interfaces are opened exclusively, but most UPSes have only one HID
interface, and that's what we use.)

The intent for the "-k" flag is that the system is ready for the power
to be cut, so the first thing I'd check is whether there is another
usbhid-ups driver still running.

If not, you might need to use "lsof" or something similar to see what
else might have claimed the device/interface in the mean time.

--
- Charles Lepple