[Nut-upsdev] Trouble detecting APC Smart-UPS connected via usb

Jon Sjöstedt jonsjostedt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 13:54:06 UTC 2010

Hello!

I have installed the nut package from the OpenBSD 4.4 packages tree, nut-2.2.1p0

I have a new APC Smart-UPS 750 which I plan to connect via USB. When I
try to start the usbhid-ups i get

debug level is '2'
upsdrv_initups...
No appropriate HID device found
No matching HID UPS found

for almost anything i try.

OpenBSD detects my UPS and assigns it to a device and it can be seen
using usbdevs. The only clue I have so far is that there should be
something with the USB subsystem.

Example line that does not work:
$ sudo usbhid-ups -DD -a ups-closetmonster -x port=/dev/ugen0.00              >
Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.32 ()

debug level is '2'
upsdrv_initups...
No appropriate HID device found
No matching HID UPS found